Friday, December 13, 2019

Century of Progress Quilt?




In browsing a 1999 Sotheby’s catalog of “Important Americana - Furniture and Folk Art” I came across a quilt said to be a Century of Progress quilt. 

I am posting the photos here since they don't go through to the email group of the American Quilt Study Group.


Merikay Waldvogel, expert and author along with Barbara Brackman of the book Patchwork Souvenirs of the 1933 World's Fair has responded to my post that they have this quilt in their files but have been unable to verify its link to the World's Fair contest.

If you have further info please contact either of those women.



The catalog....


1 comment:

  1. I’m much pleased with your good work. you have good knowledge for article writing and this article is amazing. I am waiting for your next article…. Thank you so much
    moviedaily|thetipsforlife|foxnewsgo|thefashion|gta6|slither

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your comments!