I started playing with leftover 1.5" strips and squares some time ago. The urge to 'use them up' and have fun seeing what I could do with them has led to several quilts.
I knew I didn't want to put in the time to hand quilt this. There are too many seams and I see it being used as a baby quilt - machine quilting will stand up to harder use and frequent washings.
But that seems to be the point in a project that I get stalled. I just am not skilled enough to decide on the design or execute it with my machine. Tops can pile up waiting to be taken to the finish line!
I settled for the wavy straight line anchoring it all on either side of the sashing and did the loopy free-motion flower I've done on several other things for inside the 36 patch.
I applied the binding by machine and then zig-zagged it for a quick and functional finish.
Next: An Announcement!