Monday, May 1, 2017

Spring Cleaning - Aprons


Decorative Dutch clogs!
My calendar flipped to May but it feels more like winter the last few days here in Minnesota. Last night it snowed up north. I got out my puffy winter coat for my walk today.

Still, I've been in the mood for some spring cleaning. It does not involve soap and water, rubber gloves or dust cloths. I must downsize my textile collection. I'm starting with a drawer full of vintage aprons collected over the years. I've washed and pressed them all and they look so nice.

 Maybe, on second thought, I can't let them go! But, no. I must do this so I'm enjoying fondling them and preparing them for new homes.



Here's a red tulips beauty. Until I was taking the close-up photo I didn't realize the stems are in Dutch clogs! It has one pocket on the left and so pristine I doubt it's ever been used. A border print put to great use.












And here's a cheerful apron in a great vintage print. Yellow commercial bias tape trims the large pockets and edges adding a bit of zing.













If you'd like more information on either of these aprons or are interested in the rest of the collection please contact me via email.







And here's a set of three very sweet embroidered gingham half-aprons.  Go to Etsy for more details.

 Here's a peek:



                                           HAPPY MAY DAY!

             Click here for a May Day post on baskets and flowers quilts.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, that tulip apron is a smile maker! Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why these cute aprons almost make we want to whip up something tasty in the kitchen- almost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, Do you use aprons when you cook? I think it's such a good idea but only think about it during the holiday cooking for some reason. It's cold in MN... if I turn on the oven it will be to make cookies!

      Delete

Thanks for adding your comments!