Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Turkeys Advised to 'Make Tracks' !


At least one turkey I know of did NOT get away - but we're talkin' quilts here and this seems like a good time to take a look at a particularly graphic classic quilt pattern called Turkey Tracks.

There are many variations as is true for most patterns!


Made by  Agusta Schelling, Nebraska c. 1920




From the collection of the International  Quilt Study Center
Indiana c. 1850
 


In memory of Jan 

One of my very favorite more contemporary versions was made by my friend, Jan.

She had a great sense of humor and since it took her so long to finish it she named it "The Slowest Turkey in Town.









I have much to be thankful for this year; a special note of gratitude to Sharon.


I hope you all have a wonderful day!



4 comments:

  1. I love Jan's version. What a great scrap quilt!
    Such an appropriate post for the season. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often thought I would like to make a turkey track quilt - just haven't gotten around to it!! These are just lovely, thanks for sharing!!

    Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the lucky owner of Jan's quilt now so I often tell people that I'm the "Luckiest Turkey in Town." Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ARE, Sharyn! Glad it's in good hands and properly appreciated! Hope it's on display on a bed or folded over the couch today! Gobble. Gobble.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your comments!