Sunday, July 5, 2020

Hello Again!

35" x 50"

Time does fly and all that....but here I am, still kicking --but rather 'in place' these days due to the pandemic.
If you’re checking back in, THANK YOU! Who could blame anyone for losing interest in my ramblings as randomly and infrequently as I’ve shown up!


Here's a quilt I just finished. I found the pieced portion in my 'stuff' - started long ago just as something to stitch....a rail fence variation that uses 5 strips, working out from the center with same fabric on each side. My records show that I started playing with 1.5" strips in this layout in 2011!
I had no idea what it would become ...as I said just something to sew.







I decided it was big enough to call done. I added borders, pieced a backing and used some leftover precut 2" strips to bind it....scrappy all around.  (more on those pre-cut strips next time)




I machine quilted straight vertical lines 1.5" apart and then stitched every 5 inches horizontally (just 1/4" above the bottom of each block.) My July finish. (I set a goal to finish one project every month until.....well .. . they're all done? 
A little humor. :)




I hoping having publicly stated a goal for finishing projects will get me back in the blogging world.


Stay safe, keep sewing and leave a comment just so I know you're out there!

Jean



2 comments:

  1. Nice finish, Jean!!! Definitely better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! As always, a creative venture. Did you hand stitch the quilt top? Margaret S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your comments!